Parenting Your Challenging Child is an 8 week workshop series for parents of children who are more intense, sensitive, perceptive, persistent or energetic. This workshop series provides insight into why children act the way they do and offers parents support and proven strategies for handling the toughest times. Parenting Your Challenging Child is for parents of children of all ages.
This series can help you:
- Discover the power of positive, rather than negative, labels
- Understand your child’s and your own temperamental traits
- Effectively cope with tantrums and blow-ups when they occur
- Develop strategies for handling mealtimes, bedtimes, holidays, school and other situations
This series is based on information and strategies gathered from the work of Ross W. Greene and Mary Sheedy Kurcinka:
- The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children by Ross W. Greene, Ph.D.
- Kids, Parents, and Power Struggles by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
- Lost at School: Why Our Kids with Behavioural Challenges are Falling through the Cracks and How We Can Help Them by Ross W. Greene, Ph.D.
- Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
- Sleepless in America: Practical Strategies to Help Your Family Get the Sleep It Deserves by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
For more information on this workshop: